2016 Raising the Bar Campaign
The Philadelphia Bar Foundation and the Philadelphia Bar Association kicked off the “Raising the Bar Campaign” (RTB) in 2006 to stimulate funding by the private Bar to the public interest legal aid community. RTB is the hallmark institutional giving campaign of the Philadelphia legal community, ensuring that law firms, qua institutions in the business of law, pledge $300 per attorney (or more) to help close the justice gap that prevents too many of our region’s most vulnerable residents – the poor, the abused, the young, the immigrant, the elderly, the ill, and people with disabilities - from receiving the legal services they need to assert their legal rights.
RTB is the result of a strategic collaboration among the Philadelphia Bar Association, the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, and the nonprofit legal aid community.
A firm’s donations can “count” as Raising the Bar contributions, in one of three ways:
- Direct your Raising the Bar donation to the Philadelphia Bar Foundation to be used to fund its programs that provide unrestricted operating funds, project support, technical support, coordination and innovation to more than 30 public interest legal aid providers; or
- Make donations directly to one or more organizations (please be sure to let them know this is a Raising the Bar donation); or
- Make a Raising the Bar donation to the Bar Foundation with a “donor option” to any of the 38 public interest legal aid agencies currently funded by the Bar Foundation.
Firm sponsorships of events by the Bar Foundation and the legal aid organizations, as well as firm donations made directly to these organizations, are all appreciated. We are grateful to the many firms that give the threshold Raising the Bar pledge of $300 per attorney; we are even more grateful to those firms that give more; and we ask all law firms to follow their lead.
A firm’s commitment to RTB says to all those in our community who battle daily for shelter, health, safety, protection from abuse and neglect, and to the rest of the world: “Philadelphia lawyers care.”
2016 Raising the Bar Firms:
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Archer & Greiner, P.C.
- Baker & Hostetler LLP
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney
- Cozen O'Connor
- Harkins Cunningham, LLP
- Josel & Feenane, P.C.
- Kleinbard LLC
- Kline & Specter, P.C.
- Law Office of Michael LiPuma
- Law Offices of Daniel J. Siegel, LLC
- Littler Mendelson P.C.
- Marshall Dennehey Warner Coleman & Goggin
- Messa & Associates, P.C.
- Shrager, Spivey& Sachs
- Swartz Campbell LLC